There is a lot to be thankful for in this world. What I’ve learned in the past year or so is to always be positive and take advantage of every opportunity that comes at me. I mean, that’s what many people learn at this age, but I’ve taken this lesson in deeply. After learning to be positive throughout all things in life, a lot of good has happened to me. Now I can be thankful for more than just having what I already have, but for having some things that I’ve earned.
Here is what I am thankful for:
- Sorority Life/Panhellenic Community: I’ve made so many friends in my 3 years of college and with that, I’ve made many experiences because of them. I joined more organizations because of these positive influences and this allowed me to become more open-minded. I grown to become a leader in more ways than I lead myself to believe.
- My high school teachers: I am far off away from my high school years, but these men and women are the reason why I am here today. Without them, I wouldn’t have found the courage to apply to a college away from home. I wouldn’t have the motivation to do what I do. So I thank them.
- Coffee: God bless the most delicious liquid in all of the lands that gets me through those rough mornings and night. While I’m at it, I’d like to thank all the mug designers of the world because my coffee wouldn’t be enjoyable with a cute mug to follow.
- Stationery: As nerdy as this sound, without the cute stationery in the world, I wouldn’t be able to get through all my homework and projects.
- Angel Claudio: This here, is my best friend. The one human that I can count on no matter what the time of day is. We may be 8 hours apart from each other, but there isn’t a second that we would drop whatever we’re doing to help each other out. Thank you for being the real Angel in my life.
- Alpha Chi Omega: Last, but not least, I’d like to thank my sorority. They accepted me through all my flaws and failures. They built me up and allowed me to look beyond the positive things in life. They encouraged me to try something beyond my control. They never let me down, not even for a second.