Not too long ago, I was dealing with a break-up from a relationship that lasted for nearly 3 months. Honestly, a lot longer than I was expecting. But this relationship has taught me a few things:
- What I’m looking for in a relationship.
- What kind of guy I am into.
- I know how to bounce back into being on my own.
- That there is someone else out there better for me.
- To FOCUS on me.
In the end, it’s all about yourself. No matter what the universe says, it’s about what we want. I did like him. I had much in common with him, but maybe it wasn’t the right time for either of us. All I know is that I am perfectly content with myself. I don’t mind being alone. We all have to learn at one point in our lives to be. A relationship big or small, break-ups are no fun. Though, I remember how to keep myself occupied and happy. All you have to do is remember who you are every day, what your worth is and what your favorite things in life are.
A few things that I tend to do when I’m sad is:
- Shop #TreatYoself.
- Listen to sad, slow songs (trust me, it helps).
- Call a friend.
- Drink a bottle of wine or two…
- Watch Disney movies.
- Write, write, write.
- Read a good book.
- Go to a local coffee shop and drink your favorite drink.
- Go on a long drive.
Simple and easy things to do when you’re sad or trying to keep yourself busy so your mind wanders away from all the sadness. It’s not fun to be sad forever because there are plenty of things to be happy about in this world.
Remember: The small things matter, but you do too!